Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Apple Irish Cream Cake Glaze

I always look forward to when I get to make my Apple Irish Cream Cake (recipe HERE). And I usually leave it alone since it's so pretty by itself...

Well, with St. Patrick's Day rolling around again, and we have a group coming to our house tomorrow night, I thought I'd make the cake for them.

As I did the cake this time, I realized something:
there is some ooey-gooey goodness from the apple slice marinade left in that bowl! So I decided I should use it! I decided to to make a glaze for the cake with it!

Here's what I did:

~~~~~~~~~~





IRISH APPLE CREAM CAKE GLAZE


Ingredients:

(leftover from the mixture from the apple marinade in the cake recipe)

1/4 C brown sugar
2 T apple pie spice
2 t lemon juice
1 t honey or agave
1 t buttermilk
1/2 t vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 t almond extract (optional)

     Also:
1 C granulated sugar
1 C powdered sugar


Directions:

~  after soaking & using the apple slices from the marinade mixture, heat the liquid in a small sauce pan on the stove until it comes to a rolling boil. Allow to boil for about a minute & then reduce to a simmer for just a moment, then remove from heat. Stir it up.
OR
You can have liquid in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat the liquid on highest power for about 1 & a half to 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave & stir.

~ Add in the granulated & powdered sugar until completely mixed.

~ Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle the glaze over the cake.

~ Top it with a shimmy-shake of powdered sugar

NOTE: You can also keep glaze on the side to top off 1 piece at at time as it's served

~~~~~~~~~~

I plan to be making this on St. Patrick's Day again, too. Plus I'm looking forward to fixing up another Irish feast. Stay tuned for some of the other dishes! (check out my Irish fare HERE)

Hope this helps you in planning & inspiration, too!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment