Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rum Cannon Balls

About the same time that I did up the RUDOLPH NOSE CANDY, I wanted to make some rum balls, too.

But I wanted to make 'em right, but also needed them for a wide variety of ages...cuz, you know...kids. So I made a couple of different ones. And they are SO easy! Messy...but easy...oh...and yummy!

Oh, and they remind me of cannon balls (more explaining on that in a moment)!

So I bring you:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



RUM CANNON BALLS

Ingredients:
* Brownie mix - made to package directions
* 1/4 C spiced rum - if making for the big kids (21+)
* 1 T rum flavoring/extract - if making for a wide range of ages
* Edible glitter or decorating sugar

Directions:

~ Bake brownie mix to package directions

~ Once out of the oven & baked, let cool for about 10-15 minutes

~ Take a spatula or spoon & break up the baked brownie into crumbly pieces

~ Add in the rum (flavoring) & mix it all up

~ Remove any rings from your fingers & dig into the mixture to form brownie balls, about 1" in size

~ Take each ball, after formed, and roll in edible glitter/sugar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made both kinds. And I gave color distinctions so the kiddos wouldn't consume the wrong ones! The white sugar crystals designated the free-for-alls; the gold sugar crystals designated the one for big-kid-only consumption.

So hoping to make these again. And since they remind me of cannon balls, and with Captain Morgan being used, I want to make these for International Talk Like a Pirate Day, too! (That would be September 19th, if you're keeping score.)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment