Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lemon Ginger Cucumber Water

So...how are we doing on that whole hydration thing, people?

After consuming the Lemon Cucumber Water (recipe HERE), and after the change-up to Autumn Water (recipe HERE), it was time to try something else. However, I just recycled some stuff I had, so I took the Lemon Cucumber Water & added an extra layer of good-for-you & delicious flavor!

I have seen (and have even purchased) lemon ginger tea bags. It is generally labeled to be "probiotic" & "for digestion". I just know it's really good. So, if it's actually good for me, too...then BONUS!

So I've taken the flavor concept, especially since I have made the lemon ginger tea with the Lemon Cucumber Water (which is so unbelievably good, by the way), and decided to let the flavors sit in water together!

Here's what I did:

~~~~~~~~~~



LEMON GINGER CUCUMBER WATER


Ingredients:

* 2 medium lemons, sliced & deseeded

* 2-3 seedless variety cucumber, sliced (I used 3 mini English cucumbers)

* 4 1-inch chunks of ginger root, peeled

* about 1 gallon of filtered or tap water

* ice cubes (optional)


Directions:

~ After washing, slicing, deseeding lemon & cucumber, and chunking & peeling the ginger root, place all produce into a 1 gallon size pitcher, preferably with a slotted lid

~ Fill the pitcher the rest of the way with filtered or tap water; add ice cubes, if desired

~ Allow to set for about 1 hour to allow flavors to steep; 4-8 hour wait time would be better

~ Pour into a glass/cup or a refillable bottle & keep consuming throughout the day

+ Good for about 4 refills, discard used produce after finished & repeat with this flavor or another

~~~~~~~~~~

Like in the picture, above, I have added it to tea: lemon ginger tea, green tea, green & white fusion tea, black tea...it's all so refreshingly good!

Oh...and you can totally do that whole "freezing in an ice cube tray" thing to put into sweet or unsweet tea. You know what I'm saying...

Oh...this means I have hydrated while getting the good-for-you properties of the any probiotics, some vitamin C...and I'm super sure a lot of other things, too. I just know I really like the flavor...and it makes me want to do the most important thing: HYDRATE!

I still have more flavors I want to try. And I'm loving changing it up. I'm not getting tired of water at all!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment