Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gingerbread Streusel


Back when I did the EASY FAKE-OUT EGG NOG MOUSSE, I pointed out that I also had created a gingerbread streusel for the perfect topping for it!

Somewhere in my head, I was imagining a great topping that had a holiday flavor to it. I've seen where others have just crushed or crumbled gingersnaps to add, but I thought maybe a streusel would be easier to handle. I say that since I wanted to top a cake I did with a streusel & really liked how it handled. Plus...it was really easy to make!

So I went on a search for a gingerbread streusel...cuz...how hard could that be? Well, apparently pretty difficult! I couldn't find ANY! I decided to research gingerbread recipes & came created a gingerbread streusel!

So...if love gingerbread...this is for you!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



GINGERBREAD STREUSEL
Ingredients
1 C flour
1 C brown sugar, packed
¼ C butter, softened
1 ½ T ground ginger
1 ½ T ground cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
¼ t ground nutmeg
1 T water
          Directions
Mix all ingredients together until crumbly

** Store in an air-tight container
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so taken with my tiny dessert, I wanted it for breakfast. But how do I pass it off without looking totally insane? (Hey! I hear you laughing at that!) By pretending it's a dish from IHOP & adding it to pancakes (pictured above).

Yep, I totally piled the mousse on top of the pancakes & then topped that with the streusel...and with red, green & white sprinkles. You know, to visually give it that holiday touch...like at IHOP!

You can top cakes, pies or breads with it, too! You will NOT be disappointed!

Oh...and...YUM!!!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment