Saturday, April 20, 2013

(Shortcut) Coconut Lime Cheese Danish

**Adapted by this recipe RIGHT HERE that I found on Pinterest by The Country Cook (TheCountryCook.net) quite some time ago.

I made these shortcut danish pastries quite some time back, and really enjoyed them! But I just haven't gotten around to making them a second time, until recently...

For some bizarre reason, I had a craving for cheesecake...but not just any cheesecake! I wanted Key Lime Cheesecake!! Then the creaminess made me think about these pastries...and I got thinking...

"What if I make the cheese part of the danish lime-flavored?"

Mmmmm...I was entertaining myself with this idea quite a bit! And then...I kind of wanted to add coconut for a tropical kind of flavor blend. So, I bring you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



(SHORTCUT) COCONUT LIME CHEESE DANISH

*Pastry Ingredients:

2 cans crescent rolls (I used the big & buttery variety)

3 T butter, melted

8 T brown sugar

8 T shredded coconut (plus a little more for the top)

1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened

1/4 C granulated sugar

2 T lime juice



*Glaze Ingredients:


1/2 C powdered sugar

1 t coconut extract

1 1/2 t lime juice

4 t milk

Directions: (You can follow the picture instructions from the link, above, to help make sense)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Combine cream cheese, sugar, and lime juice in a small bowl. Mix until smooth & creamy

Open cans of crescent rolls & separate into 8 rectangles & then seal the perforations by pinching them

With spoon or brush (I used a brush) cover each rectangle with melted butter

Sprinkle each rectangle with 1 T brown sugar

Place 1 T of coconut down the diagonal perforation of each rectangle

From long end of crescent roll rectangle to long end & then pinch each end to "seal"

Loosely coil each roll to make a spiral

Take fingers & lightly mash & make a "well" in the middle of each pastry

Fill each well of the pastry with about 2 T of the lime cream cheese mix

Take just a few shreds of coconut & sprinkle on top of the cheese-filled well

Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (until the pastry is golden brown & coconut topping is getting toasty)

Then mix the glaze:

in a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, coconut extract, lime juice & milk and make sure all is mixed until smooth

Drizzle glaze mixture over each warm danish pastry

** Makes 8 danishes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my...these turned out SO good! Are they good for you? Close your eyes & pretend they are...cuz they are worth it!!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment