Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Italian Butter Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sticks

Back on April 12th (aka - "National Grilled Cheese Day"), I decided to make grilled cheese for dinner. But, in my mind, of course, it needed some 'umph'.

Now then, I love making & eating my Italian Butter Grilled Cheese (Croutons) (click HERE for recipe). Did I say "love"? Cuz I really meant...LOVE!

So I made the sandwich version, but did this, too:

~~~~~~~~~~



ITALIAN BUTTER PEPPERONI PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE STICKS


Ingredients:
Italian Bread, sliced (you may use regular sandwich bread)
mozzarella &/or provolone cheese, slices - 2 slices per sandwich
pepperoni slices
Italian butter (link for making in directions, below)
cooking spray
marinara sauce for dipping
Directions:

See HERE to follow Italian Butter Grilled Cheese  & Italian Butter directions. I set the oven on 425 degrees F this time. Liked it much better!

In sandwich assembly, I used 1 slice mozzarella & 1 slice provolone. I placed a layer of sliced pepperoni between the 2 slices. (each sandwich, depending on size of bread slices, used 4 to 6 pepperonis)

Place sandwiches on a baking sheet or jelly roll pan in a single layer & place in the oven.

After 3-4 minutes, flip the sandwiches & then place back in the oven for another 3 minutes.

Take out of the oven then use a pizza cutter & cut each sandwich down the center lengthwise to create a "stick".

Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.

I made 10 sandwiches/ 20 sticks

** Notes:

*be sure to spray cooking sheets well with cooking spray so melted cheese won't stick to the pan.

* I used olive oil cooking spray & also love using Hormel turkey pepperoni!

* can also be made in the skillet

~~~~~~~~~~

This went over pretty well in our house! We served it with a side salad, too. YUM!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment