Saturday, May 4, 2013

Quick Cilantro Lime Black Bean & Corn Salsa

OK...after having put out there a recipe for Taco Mac (recipe HERE) in time for Cinco de Mayo, that looks like a big cop out. As I was just giving another variation for families, we really are planning a Cinco de Mayo fiesta!

Now then, I wanted to make sure we had Cilantro Lime something...cuz...YUM! And we won't have enough room to make the Cilantro Lime Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup with Green Tea (recipe HERE). Bummer. Instead, I decided to make a salsa. Some of the stuff I had on hand, and it's really cheap to make!

Now then, I know fresh everything is better, but sometimes it doesn't always go that way. And I was looking into a lot of different salsa recipes to see what I could throw together. So here's what I ended up doing with some things on hand:

~~~~~~~~~~


QUICK CILANTRO LIME BLACK BEAN & CORN SALSA


Ingredients:

~ 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
~ 1 small can whole kernel corn, drained
~ 1 can Southwestern seasoned white corn, drained
~ 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (I had a garlic version on hand)
~ 1 can cilantro lime Ro-Tel
~ 2 C diced bell pepper (I had frozen strips on hand)
~ 1/4 C cilantro
~ 1/4 C lime juice
~ 2 T parsley
~ 1 T chives
~ 1 T extra virgin olive oil
~ salt &/or black pepper, to taste


Directions:

In a large bowl, place all the ingredients & mix together

Serve or place in refrigerator until ready to use

~~~~~~~~~~

Like I said, I had a lot of this stuff on hand already. Something you can make in a bind...just throw things in. You can add diced onion if you have it, too. If you have fresh ingredients...even better. Just note that I used dried cilantro, parsley & chives; I also used bottled lime juice. If you have fresh-squeezed lime & fresh herbs & veggies...that's a bonus!

Sometimes, you just gotta use what you have in the pantry. Can't wait to serve my salsa at our buffet fiesta!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment